Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: S works Renegade (Read 1317 times)
Boy Aguila

Expert

« on: April 20, 2011, 03:18:38 PM »

Anyone use S works renegade in Palos?

Expert

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 04:12:47 PM »

It is a great tire for Palos, but the SWorks' sidewalls are paper thin, and it'll just be a matter of time before they fail.  If you have not purchased yet, I would go w/ the Renegade Control, but that is me.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 04:15:12 PM by Evil_RSS29er » Logged
Macahoose

Northwest burbs

Sport

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 08:17:26 PM »

I used an S-works Renegade most of last Summer on my race wheels.  Tire sealed fine for tubeless, rode it training and racing on rocks, etc., never tore it or went flat. But......the tire has no traction on loose gravel, wet conditions or pretty much anywhere where it is slippery.  I switched to the Bontrager XO, same weight and has traction even in the mud.  World of difference.

Expert

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 09:26:14 PM »

I used an S-works Renegade most of last Summer on my race wheels.  Tire sealed fine for tubeless, rode it training and racing on rocks, etc., never tore it or went flat. But......the tire has no traction on loose gravel, wet conditions or pretty much anywhere where it is slippery.  I switched to the Bontrager XO, same weight and has traction even in the mud.  World of difference.
Steve,
Do you mean the XR0s?  I am running the 29er version, the 29-0s, and they are the best.  They wear quicker than most, but they are light, fast rolling and they hook like no other.
Macahoose

Northwest burbs

Sport

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 08:45:24 PM »

Steve,
Do you mean the XR0s?  I am running the 29er version, the 29-0s, and they are the best.  They wear quicker than most, but they are light, fast rolling and they hook like no other.

Yes, I do mean the XROs. Those were the ones I had on when we were riding.  They worked much better than I thought, even in mud.

Expert

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 09:22:50 PM »

Yes, I do mean the XROs. Those were the ones I had on when we were riding.  They worked much better than I thought, even in mud.
They are phenomenal tires.  I will have to take your word on it regarding mud though, as I would never ever in a million years intentionally ride in mud.  Much like I would never do regular night rides at Palos or ride illegal trails at Palos. 
Macahoose

Northwest burbs

Sport

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2011, 11:23:38 AM »

They are phenomenal tires.  I will have to take your word on it regarding mud though, as I would never ever in a million years intentionally ride in mud.  Much like I would never do regular night rides at Palos or ride illegal trails at Palos. 

Yes, I know that you are a strict conformist when it comes to riding properly.  I would like to clarify that I discovered how good my XRO tires are when I was riding around my property picking up acorns and testing the soil pH of my garden.
Benflow

Geneva, IL

Expert

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2011, 10:04:50 PM »

I used the 2010 S-works Renegades 2.1's at Palos most of the season last year. Worked great. Loved them. Super fast, not the greatest traction on the 2-3 downhills you can find there, but that's not what they're for anyhow.  Great for 95% of Palos. 

Ran them with Stan's and never had trouble (knock on wood).  I purchased the '11 version this year (1.9") and am not as stoked on them.  Have had some issues with them thus far.   Either way, I would recommend going with the Control Version as was said before... it's 100gm I think extra and has a more resilient casing. 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: