Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: READ IT ! (Read 14014 times)
bik34lyf3

$T3@DY /\/\088!N

P-ville

Citizen

« on: July 27, 2011, 10:12:35 PM »

Well after a lot of talking tonight with Kevin and Sean we came to some good agreements on what we should plan for the park this year now nothing is 100% solid as the plans but I'll list what is going to be legit. All riders for the park locals or not should be excited for the new lines coming very soon BECAUSE all of your ideas are going to be considered and could be in the new lines, now if being able to throw in a idea about what I would like in a line at the park doesn't kick a** then you either hate the park to much and should lighten up or you don't love to bike

On another note things have been busy for the guys up high with kids and personal everyday stuff like all of us we have stuff to do which is what lead to a lot of missed communications to the local riders in the park and we all want to clear this up and get everyone on the same page so here are the plans that have been mentioned to be excited about. Now keep in mind the park would not be here without volunteers WE CAN'T THANK THOSE PEOPLE ENOUGH !

Plans
- Dirt (VERY) Clean clay has been coming in and will continue to come in and has already been handled.
- Jumps (OLD) Lines for the little guys 1st & 2nd will be repaired so bring the little guys out I will keep that posted for you guys.
-Jumps (NEW) Lines for intermediate and up are being drawn out as you read this post and we would like to hear from you guys so as many as possible riders will be happy.
- Erosion we are now going to use clean clay, glue, and cement, as well as a new way to the park of making dirt jumps (Those of you who enjoyed the 3rd line before the rain understand) So all your volunteer work will stay for a while for people to appreciate.
- Pump track is going to be torn down and rebuilt also so racing fans can enjoy the park as well.
-Me and Mike are going to be trained on bobcat use so we can move dirt more often and get things done much faster.
- Anyone who want's to know more or has any ideas don't be afraid to send me a personal message.

Donovan, 1-815-260-0907.
terr1bleone

Beginner

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 02:15:58 PM »

build the jumps out of dirt first then cover with the clay to save on clay.
just use the clay without any chemicals, and use the money for covers.
make lines that actually work.
bik34lyf3

$T3@DY /\/\088!N

P-ville

Citizen

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 05:42:19 PM »

We already planned on using fill and doing the rest hand shaped with clay that is how the whole park was built. As far as chemicals go there is no choice of using carpets they are efficient for keeping moisture in yes, but when it rains the clay washes right away without the use of chemicals to stop erosion. The worst part about the carpets is it doesn't form a seal to hold the dirt up to where it should be on the lip, even with the help of heavy stones. So whatever would wash away from the lip then pools and dries at the bottom on the transition thus making a big headache. Now if the park had tree cover like the garden; carpets would be able to work but we just don't have tree cover to keep the impact of the rain down. But you missed the point of this post it was so you could post your ideas on what you would like us to build in a line (types) of jumps and ideas so whatever you have in mind post it up ! - Donovan.

Donovan, 1-815-260-0907.
terr1bleone

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 01:53:02 AM »

If carpets aren't working your doing somthing wrong somehow 
nothing will help lip washouts with the type of rain we constantly get except covering them.

glue is cool but doesnt really do anything.

cement or concrete is too brittle without reinforcing bar or some sort of mesh, and at that point you might as well lay a gravel base and do it right so it doesn't shift in winter freeze.

What kind of line are you guys looking to build? I may be able to help.
bik34lyf3

$T3@DY /\/\088!N

P-ville

Citizen

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 12:37:57 PM »

Were looking to basically hand carve out the 4th line and remove tons of dirt off of it, and then add 3 more lines 2 being large peaked doubles and hips for transfer options and one probably shorter peaked doubles for people to learn on all of this will be going in the open space on the right side of the park making a 5th 6th and 7th line. We also are reviving the bowl and step up line that is extremely run down as well as fixing the box.

Donovan, 1-815-260-0907.
baudler

Plainfield, IL

Pro

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 08:27:33 PM »

Carpets don't work too well since it is a public park and most of the people that ride there don't really "get it".  They seem to work pretty well at the garden, but they are huge doubles so not any kid can run over them.

Come out and help, pretty cool crew running things.
superawesome

Expert

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 12:03:54 AM »

If you guys still need free clay, I have a new guy who just dug up about 15 truck loads and needs somewhere to dump it.

PM me and I'll send you the contact details if anyone wants to set it up.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 09:14:15 AM by Seanbikes » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: