Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: snakee pit (Read 14359 times)
longride

Trail Steward

Sport

« on: November 10, 2013, 03:58:47 PM »

Big thanks jerry, rich, ronn for coming out and draging and burning brush. In the snake pit.

jmnicebike
CAMBr Member
Public Relations Director

Upper Porcupine Rim, June 2010

Villa Park

Semi-Pro

Type: Individual Basic

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 09:05:48 AM »

I went on the canyon tour over at Sagawau Center yesterday. (Every Sunday in November at 1 pm and totally worth checking out.)

I really had no idea how many snakes have been in this particular area of Palos for over a century. There is a a display at the learning center which homesteaders in the late 1800's mention snakes hanging from the trees at what is now Rt. 83 and 111th.

I do not want to be around when it warms in the spring and the snakes stick their tongues out of their pit to test the temps. No way.
rsb
CAMBr Member

Frankfort, IL

Sport

Type: Individual Supporter

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 11:06:23 AM »

Big thanks jerry, rich, ronn for coming out and draging and burning brush. In the snake pit.

Steve:  I was happy to help.  Thanks for putting in the hours you do to make us look good to the CCFPD!

Rich
Jewalicious
CAMBr Board Member
CAMBr South Secretary

A bike can't stand alone; ....it's 'two tired' !!

Darien IL

Pro

Type: Individual Supporter

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 05:37:15 PM »

thanks guys, that's important and really shows that we are not adrenaline junkies tearing up trail.   Were doing the right thing, more times than any other group fer sure, and were constantly doing it.

14 Niner EMD9 NEW-FOR SALE // Gravity Deadeye SS (Beer Bike) //11 Trek HiFi Plus// 95 Manitou HT Comp17
Black Silverado / Red Miata
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: