Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Greetings from the UK (Read 22319 times)
Pilch

Beginner

« on: May 23, 2014, 09:06:04 AM »

Hi there, I'm over for a week with my other half for a wedding - not mine ;-) we'll be staying in Bartlett, its a slim chance but... just in case I get a passout is there anywhere locally to hire bikes and more importantly some nice singletrack to play on? We'll be around 5 - 13 july, realistically may get out for an afternoon/evening ride mid week, any help much appreciated!

Cheers!
Seanbikes

Gingers do have a soul

Romeoville

Pro

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 01:12:20 PM »

I'm pretty sure 2 Bici http://2bici.com/ does and they are right on the border of the Palos trail system.

Dream it, Build it, Ride it
Principal (Snake) Skinner

Time to retire the snakeskin pants.

Pro

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 05:47:49 PM »

The summer usually has a Wednesday evening ride at Palos, if the weather's cooperative, either from that bike shop or from the MTB staging area off 95th St (northern area of park, but south of the bike shop). If you can manage to keep that time slot open, you'll get a guided tour of a good & large trail system w/o fear of getting lost. The people are always friendly and food might be involved.

Check back shortly beforehand and you should find announcements. The trails would need a day or two after rain to recover and dry, depending on the severity. Start working on your excuses to be free on a Wednesday.... got lost cuz everything here looks the same... street gang carjacked you and threw you in the trunk... jewelry store sale got you thinking of her, but you passed out after hitting your head on the counter... free samples at the liquor store sounded like such a good idea at the time... who knew driving on the left in America could get you arrested.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 06:41:31 PM by Principal (Snake) Skinner » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: