Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any update on DuPage County? (Read 89272 times)
brokenRx
CAMBr Member

Naperville

Citizen

Type: Family Fat Tire Friend

« on: May 12, 2014, 11:14:43 AM »

Sorry I have been out of the loop for awhile with work and kids, but I try to keep up on the forum and recall word that Jerry, "RedSnailRacing", had been talking to DuPage County Forest Preserve last year and that prospects were good for possible singletrack in DuPage County.  Any update on this front to share?  I appreciate KK and can ride from home, but otherwise have to drive to Palos or SWK.  I still dream of more options closer to home.  Let us know what if anything can be done to help.  Thanks for any update.

So much beauty in dirt
brokenRx
CAMBr Member

Naperville

Citizen

Type: Family Fat Tire Friend

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 03:16:23 PM »

Any update? 
Also what will DuPage County be considered CAMBr North/South? 
Thanks.

So much beauty in dirt
Seanbikes

Gingers do have a soul

Romeoville

Pro

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 03:38:06 PM »

Dupage is still stuck in the mindset that bikes can't ride on trails that are less than 8 feet wide.  We are teased with a possible change for the better when the commissioners are up for election and then we are treated to silence once the election cycle is over. 

DuPage should anything start to move forward would be under the South region.

The best thing any residents of DuPage county can do would be to contact their elected representatives and make sure they are aware the current situation is not acceptable to you as a tax paying voter and what you want to see done differently.

Dream it, Build it, Ride it
jmnicebike
CAMBr Board Member
Public Relations Director

Upper Porcupine Rim, June 2010

Villa Park

Semi-Pro

Type: Individual Basic

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 08:14:36 AM »

The president of DFPD retires this year, I am not sure what his position on bikes in the preserves is? Wondering if a window will open when he leaves? 
Seanbikes

Gingers do have a soul

Romeoville

Pro

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 09:22:47 AM »

The president of DFPD retires this year, I am not sure what his position on bikes in the preserves is? Wondering if a window will open when he leaves? 
With any change in leadership I'd say there is opportunity.

Dream it, Build it, Ride it
grendal
CAMBr Member

Beginner

Type: Individual Basic

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 06:23:34 PM »

http://dupageforest.com/About_Us/Board_of_Commissioners/Commissioners/Commissioner_Tim_Whelan_%E2%80%94_District_4.aspx
Here is one of the board members that says he like biking. He just happens to represent my district so I am going to drop him a note for starters.

and here is the list of all the commissioners in case you want to email your representative.

http://dupageforest.com/About_Us/Board_of_Commissioners.aspx
Red Snail Racing
CAMBr Board Member
CAMBr Executive Director

Working together we will build a better ride.

Pro

Type: NMBP Patroller

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2014, 10:24:19 AM »

We are again speaking with DuPage about a trail system.  They know there is a demand and sending them a note saying how much you would like trails in DuPage would definitely help the cause.

If you are getting advice from me, I would strongly suggest you get a second opinion.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: