Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: End of Year Revival (Read 12330 times)
bmpslc

Beginner

« on: October 07, 2014, 08:10:24 AM »

Hey All, Ive been frequenting the park for the past few weeks and haven't seen anyone out there riding besides the standard 10 year old rolling all the jumps. I've been doing some maintenance on the trails as well. I dug out all the weeds and growth on the top end of the big berm and packed it all nice and smooth, as well as have been repairing ruts from rain on the take offs and landings.

You should be able to find a big blue 5 gallon bucket and a small watering can for maintenance that I have left at the trails. Anyone still make it a habit to come out and ride?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 08:15:18 AM by bmpslc » Logged
bmpslc

Beginner

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 06:18:16 PM »

Really? 57 views no replies?     That means one of two things; cambr's count is off, or people would rather read than ride.

Update round two.   Yesterday I spent a few hours fixing drain off ruts on landings and repairing lips on the third jump line.   I also have a few ideas for adding berms and transfers on the last jump line.  Anyone willing to help or do I have free reign to modify this park as it seems no one frequents......?

Let's get this place rolling before the city closes it down and finds a better use of its space!
Seanbikes

Gingers do have a soul

Romeoville

Pro

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 10:05:51 AM »

Things have been quiet at the park this season due to some changes with Park District staff and leadership. 

People are still out riding just not as many as in the past.  I know some of the former regulars, myself included have had some personally obligations, work/kids/school etc, that have kept us from getting out as much as we'd like. 

Come 10/18 the new CAMBr bylaws will go into effect along the new structure of the organization.  That will allow the plan for next year to start to be shaped.

Please feel free to continue to do the maintenance you are doing.  The other riders that use the park appreciate your time and work even if they don't have the opportunity to say so in person.  2015 should be a better year and see more activity return to the park.

Dream it, Build it, Ride it
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: