CAMBr Election season is underway! Visit the CAMBr Election Center to participate.
Nominations may be made through November 13th. .

Results Are In!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: SWK pics of hoof damage (Read 40235 times)
FVTR

Beginner

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2015, 07:58:05 AM »

No poop, I did this with my truck once and thought it was funny. It took me a year to get rid of the gravel and dirt! 
Red Snail Racing
CAMBr Board Member
CAMBr Executive Director

Working together we will build a better ride.

Pro

Type: NMBP Patroller

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2015, 09:18:39 AM »

Michelle,
We are as disappointed as you are that some half wits were out on their bikes on the muddy trials.  We have been working for over 10 years building, rerouting and maintaining the trails at Saw Wee Kee. And we will be out there fixing the damage done by those riders, and the equestrians that use the trails when they are wet. Just to be sure we would rather ride than repair trails, but we believe in giving back to the trails, so we will continue our work and educate all users, as that is the best solution.

Jerry Stoeckigt

If you are getting advice from me, I would strongly suggest you get a second opinion.
jfaust97
CAMBr Member

Oswego, IL

Beginner

Type: Individual Basic

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2015, 12:43:01 PM »

Why don't we start having MIXED workdays with combined efforts from CAMBR and the equestrian groups out there?

Also... things have been so wet and so bad this year shouldn't we have a standing workday EVERY Sunday?

With the equestrians being as committed to the trails as we are (and I know they are)... it should not be hard to get 10 people to show up every Sunday with 5 from each group?

Don't we have enough committed riders/workers to stand in as trail bosses when Jerry and Jimmy are not available that this could happen?

The work that needs to be done is pretty straight forward... we just need bodies to do it!

I gotta think that with some ingenuity and sheer horsepower (literally horsepower) we can move a lot of material around and get SWK back on its feet in short order!

The Park District would not have a problem with us having a horse drawn wagon to move rocks and materials as needed would they?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 12:49:44 PM by jfaust97 » Logged

If God had meant for us to run...
he wouldn't have invented pneumatic tires!
Jewalicious
CAMBr Board Member
CAMBr South Secretary

A bike can't stand alone; ....it's 'two tired' !!

Darien IL

Semi-Pro

Type: Individual Supporter

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2015, 02:02:10 PM »

The Park District would not have a problem with us having a horse drawn wagon to move rocks and materials as needed would they?

serious??  i just laughed out loud after reading your very sensible suggestion.   if not serious, that's still funny closure - considering the topic is quite critical and not at all funny.

14 Niner EMD9 14 // Gravity Deadeye SS (Beer Bike)
//11 Trek HiFi Plus// 95 Manitou HT Comp17 (SS)
Green Chevy SS
Red Snail Racing
CAMBr Board Member
CAMBr Executive Director

Working together we will build a better ride.

Pro

Type: NMBP Patroller

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2015, 03:36:31 PM »

I don't think horses are the answer.  Too big and the tack and wagons are huge, not to mention they can't operate on the single track.  Much too steep and narrow.  However in August we will be using these to move materials. Way better than horses and no poop. And until then there still is a lot we can do, just like in years past to repair and raise trails. 

If you are getting advice from me, I would strongly suggest you get a second opinion.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: