Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2015 Race Course Map (Read 32616 times)
hardtail29er

Itasca

Beginner

« on: June 22, 2015, 02:08:51 PM »

Hey There,

Anyone know when the 2015 race course is going to be posted?
If it's not figured out yet may I suggest a downhill start and finish .... It's not like last years start and finish were "too hard" I just think it would be more fun for the spectators.   
Red Snail Racing
CAMBr Member
CAMBr Executive Director

Working together we will build a better ride.

Pro

Type: Individual Basic

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 02:54:34 PM »

The 2015 race course will not be available until packet pick up for the race. All we can say is that the plan is to have it different from last year.

Down hill mass starts are very dangerous, and do not separate out the racers, which is very important at the start, so that won't happen.  Spectators love up hill finishes, it gives them a chance to see the racers leave it all on course and it gives racers one last chance to catch the rider in front of them, so you may see that again too.

You will just have to wait until August to get all your questions answered. But I can tell you if it stops raining we have an idea for a fantastic course.

If you are getting advice from me, I would strongly suggest you get a second opinion.
Dave Ventre

Chicago

Sport

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 06:15:55 PM »

Has anyone considered a LeMans start (of which only my fellow geriatrics are likely to know.)?

Spectators love up hill finishes, it gives them a chance to see the racers leave it all on course. All as in the entire contents of one's stomach.... Gina has great pix of me desperately trying not to toss cooks just after the finish line.

But I did actually pass someone on that finish climb. Until last Meltdown I'd have bet money that I was a very non-competitive person.
jmnicebike
CAMBr Member
Public Relations Director

Upper Porcupine Rim, June 2010

Villa Park

Semi-Pro

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 07:58:20 AM »

Wausau is a leMans start,it's pretty fun.
I pick bad lines

CAMBr Secretary

Pro

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2015, 11:05:58 AM »

Wausau is a leMans start,it's pretty fun.
Fun to watch, maybe.

Scott will probably make me run this year.

hardtail29er

Itasca

Beginner

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 10:56:00 AM »

If we're going to have an uphill finish, maybe we can do a Lemans style uphill finish. Last year I could have walked up that hill faster than I was riding my bike.
torch2ndalltrchs

Sport

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2015, 01:06:12 PM »

(Don't throw eggs at me for saying this): I LOVED the finish last year. Granted, I wasn't saying that while it was happening, but I actually found the challenge to be quite fun in the end...
waf250

Beginner

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2015, 03:06:56 PM »

Yes, please uphill start...don't want a repeat of 2010 (I think that was the yr) where riders were funneled slowly downhill and a pileup occurred in Citizen due to a few who were reckless.  I recall someone's carbon fiber frame (not mine) being run over and cracked.  His day was done then and there.  He didn't have much to be mad about though, since he was a cause of the accident.

Anyway, uphill (or at least flat) double-track+ finish too please!  Better chance for close finishes 

Question...so still no course map until race day, or direction?  I mean, we pretty much know the sections that are going to be included based on Bullfrog Lake area construction and the new trails that are hinted at being used.  I definitely appreciate that fact that you usually have an opportunity to walk or ride a trail once before a race.  Helps to be able to plan ahead, ie - know where to give someone a bit more space if you're trailing, etc to avoid potential collisions, and/or pass.

Thanks!! 
Red Snail Racing
CAMBr Member
CAMBr Executive Director

Pro

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2015, 03:24:07 PM »

The course will be available on Packet Pickup day.  Just ride it all both days and you will be ready.

If you are getting advice from me, I would strongly suggest you get a second opinion.
straightliner

West Aurora

Sport

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2015, 08:35:07 AM »

Will the race course be posted to the site sometime today for those that were not able to make it to pick up their packets yesterday evening? Thank you.
Red Snail Racing
CAMBr Member
CAMBr Executive Director

Pro

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2015, 08:42:29 AM »

Will the race course be posted to the site sometime today for those that were not able to make it to pick up their packets yesterday evening? Thank you.

There was no packet pick-up last night, just the PIVOT demo ride.  Saturday afternoon is the time the map will be released.

straightliner

West Aurora

Sport

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2015, 09:51:44 AM »

Thank you for the reply and sorry for my incorrect assumption for Wednesday packet pick-up. I was going off of previous years.
snoboarder77

Chicago

Expert

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2015, 04:09:51 PM »

Would it be possible to pick up my packet and T-shirt when I get out to Palos for volunteer work Sat afternoon?  Or can another volunteer that will be out at Palos Sat grab for me?  I won't be able to get out there until later in the afternoon and will be camping out Sat night.

Thanks,

Brian Dumonte

It's almost winter!
Red Snail Racing
CAMBr Member
CAMBr Executive Director

Pro

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2015, 04:37:54 PM »

I believe pick up will be available most of the day Saturday.  Starting at noon.

nancyfallon

Addicted to Riding

Downers Grove

Semi-Pro

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2015, 09:30:29 AM »

I believe pick up will be available most of the day Saturday.  Starting at noon.

Yes indeed Jerry. Packet, race number, and shirt pick up will be available Saturday afternoon, from 12 noon til 530pm. See separate thread I started in this section on the topic for more details.

Nancy
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 09:44:49 AM by nancyfallon » Logged

Nancy Fallon-Houle
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: