Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2017 CAMBr Crock Off (Read 847 times)
Red Snail Racing
CAMBr Board Member
CAMBr Executive Director

Working together we will build a better ride.

Pro

Type: NMBP Patroller

« on: February 05, 2017, 10:47:07 PM »

2017 Crock Off, Craft Beer Swap and Chile Fest
Bring slippers or socks you don't mind running around in. Leave your shoes at the door.
What you need to know: (other than we have not very awesome awards for best dish)
Date: February 11, 2017
Time 4:00 - 11:00 (have your crock there by 5:00)
Where: Warrenville Tavern 3S540 2nd St, Warrenville, IL 60555 This is an historic building, not an operating tavern.
You don't have to cook, there is plenty of food, but you should bring a beverage to put in the community cooler. Also deserts are always welcome.
The Crock Off - Chili Fest is a chance for you to bring your favorite dish that can be cooked in a crock pot (or delivered in a crock pot, we are not all that fussy). These bowls of goodness have ranged from oatmeal, to chili, to corn beef and cabbage, to Jambalaya, to Moroccan chicken, to shredded pork and the list goes on. The idea is to eat drink and be merry.
Craft Beer Swap - This is like a pot luck of craft beer. Bring one of your favorite beers and put it into the huge white community cooler and then take advantage of some of the other great tastes. ----Drink responsibly and have fun sampling, just be smart.
Weather dependent ride is possible.
Bring slippers or socks you don't mind running around in. Leave your shoes at the door.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 10:34:42 AM by Red Snail Racing » Logged

If you are getting advice from me, I would strongly suggest you get a second opinion.
12:00 Rider

2017 Salsa Mukluk GX1 / 2015 Specialized Pitch Ex

Aurora

Beginner

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 04:41:41 PM »

Brand new to cambr, only been riding for a year which means LOTS to learn!
I happen to have Saturday free and was hoping to attend if this is open to all?
Would love to meet some new people (especially anyone who bikepacks) and hook up with some anyone who works on the trails/interested in volunteering some time.
Plus you said the magic word... craft brews!

Jewalicious
CAMBr Board Member
CAMBr South Secretary

A bike can't stand alone; ....it's 'two tired' !!

Darien IL

Semi-Pro

Type: Individual Fat Tire Friend

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 05:14:21 PM »

stop on by!!  meet some like minded bike type folks for sure, usually plenty of awesome beer and there's always  really good crock dishes amongst the big table of food..... and desserts!!

14 Niner EMD9 14 Gravity Deadeye SS (Beer Bike)
11 Trek HiFi Plus 95 Manitou HT  Comp17 (now SS)
Silver Infiniti FX
12:00 Rider

2017 Salsa Mukluk GX1 / 2015 Specialized Pitch Ex

Aurora

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 12:52:52 PM »

Just wanted to say Thanks for having this get-together. I was the short bald guy in the Hawks sweater. I WISH I was the guy who had that big white cooler, man it was overflowing with beer! Cheers!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: