Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Little Switz question (Read 32397 times)
johnjr75

Sport

« on: July 02, 2016, 03:38:06 PM »

Little Switz of Milwaukee claims to have trails for all skill levels, but I can only find clips of DH jump lines. I'd like to demo a bike there but I really haven't ridden anything more aggressive than Kettle, Kickapoo, Brown Co, etc.

What's the scoop folks?  
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 03:48:25 PM by johnjr75 » Logged
Ohfugit
CAMBr Member

Semi-Pro

Type: Individual Basic

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2016, 11:28:56 PM »

They have added more trails since last season so I cannot comment on the newer stuff.
 Last year most sections you coud roll or have ride around until you get comfortable but it can be challenging. there were a couple of beginner trails as well but not a lot.
Kevin

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 03:59:36 PM »

I went to the lift day last month. I had never hit any downhill trails or jumps or anything, and I'd say it was harder than my skill level.

Theres one green line and that gets pretty boring after a couple runs, then I just bounced between a couple of the blues for the rest of the day. a lot of the jumps have lips on them which requires you to get at least some air so you should watch some instructional videos on basic fundamentals before you go. Overall I had a decent time, I probably wont go again unless I did something with more beginner- intermediate level jumps to boost my confidence.

hope that helped
johnjr75

Sport

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 12:08:55 PM »

Thanks guys that helps.
RCM1585

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 12:10:46 PM »

So, I'm new to the area.  Pretty experienced with DH from the Northeast.  But now that I'm out here, no more duelly.  I do have a hard tail 29'r and a long travel hard tail fatty.  The site recommends "full travel DH bikes".  How accurate is this?  From the videos, it looks like a hard tail would survive just fine with a competent rider.  Anyone have experience with a hard tail up there?
Bikebot6000