CAMBr Election season is underway! Visit the CAMBr Election Center to participate.
Nominations may be made through November 13th. .

Results Are In!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kneepads for Girlfriend (Read 125 times)
BikingInTheWind

Beginner

« on: November 30, 2017, 03:01:19 PM »

Hi everyone, my girlfriend wants to do some downhill biking with me next spring and I thought I could get her some gear for Christmas to amp her up for it. We met in South East Asia and I taught her how to drive  moto down there; before we started lessons I got her some knee and elbow pads from the military shops out there so she did not end up with big scars on her knees like I have. I am looking for some advice on good knee pads for women, would a pair of 661 pads work as good since that is what I am looking at. If anyone has some suggestions for something else then please let me know, I would like to get something relatively soon that I can get shipped here soon before she starts to think that whatever shows up is a present.

Thanks for all the help in advance.

I have been secretly trying to get some information out of my girlfriend relating to what her plans are when we go biking and she seems pretty excited about it and I think she wants to just go hard as soon as we can. I tried to get the proper kneepads for how we will be biking and I decided to go with a nice pair of 661's. I had to get some used ones unfortunately as my budget has been mainly spent on her present this year so I wound up getting a good deal on some 661 knee pads on http://www.for-sale.co.uk/661-knee-pads-for-sale. They are arriving tomorrow so I will only have 3 weeks to hide them away, I'm sure I can do that. Thanks for the advice
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 12:31:27 PM by BikingInTheWind » Logged
Red Snail Racing
CAMBr Board Member
CAMBr Executive Director

Working together we will build a better ride.

Pro

Type: NMBP Patroller

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 11:54:34 AM »

661s are nice, I have a pair, but there are other great options too, depending on how hard she is going to ride. 
If she is going to send it you may want to consider knee/shin pads with serious padding. These are hot, but offer great protection. Think 661, Race Face ect. I have not used them, but the new Dainese stuff looks very promising and well ventilated.

If she is going to be a going a little slower and keeping things on the ground, G-Form or another one of those hardening up on impact materials would be perfect as they are lighter and easier to get around in.

Downside is there is no substitute for trying them on, so make sure you can exchange them.

Good luck.

If you are getting advice from me, I would strongly suggest you get a second opinion.
BikingInTheWind

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 12:14:20 PM »

I hope she is going to try and keep up with me at least She might still want to G-Form ones for now at least, if they harden up when you hit the ground that is probably a good idea to start with. I'm trying to think of a way to get her to come to a shop and try them on without arousing suspicions but no luck on that front. Thanks for the tips
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: