Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2018 Meltdown Festival and Race (Read 604 times)
Red Snail Racing
CAMBr Board Member
CAMBr Executive Director

Working together we will build a better ride.

Pro

Type: NMBP Patroller

« on: July 11, 2018, 11:30:22 AM »

Wristbands are required for the demo and the Beer Garden.  Demo wristbands suggest a $10 donation to CAMBr, but hey you could donate more, because twice that donation would still be a great deal and all the money goes back into the trails. You will also need a picture ID (aka drivers lic) and a creditcard to demo a bike. Also you must be 21 for the beer garden wristband.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 12:01:26 PM by Red Snail Racing » Logged

If you are getting advice from me, I would strongly suggest you get a second opinion.
jet

Beginner

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 06:52:56 AM »

Here is my race for anyone that was next to me in novice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq1_4tZnkjU
Jewalicious
CAMBr Board Member
CAMBr South Secretary

A bike can't stand alone; ....it's 'two tired' !!

Darien IL

Pro

Type: Individual Supporter

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 03:00:38 PM »

Nice job!!  You killed it in the heat and humidity!!  The video capture was really good for 60 minutes of ballzout pedaling.     It was sad at the end when you got passed goin' up the hill....... (that hill is a B , aint it!)   A great race capture for sure!!  thx for sharing.

14 Niner EMD9 NEW-FOR SALE // Gravity Deadeye SS (Beer Bike) //11 Trek HiFi Plus// 95 Manitou HT Comp17
Black Silverado / Red Miata
nancyfallon

Addicted to Riding

Downers Grove

Semi-Pro

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 03:26:46 PM »

Thank you Jet! This is an awesome video!  You are a such sportsman like, thoughtful and considerate rider. As wekk as being a strong and skilled rider. You should teach classes on passing etiquette, as you do it perfectly!  I posted your video to the facebook grrup "Palos Riders"  and wrote a note about you. You can request to Join the group if you are not in it. HEre is the note I wrote about you in the Palos Riders Fb Group:

" YouTube video of the Novice Race yesterday. Whoever this rider is....he is one of the most humble, thoughtful and considerate racers I've ever seen, and very skillful rider maintaining a great pace! His passing skills are a behavior to model. .....  Who is this racer? I loved the "ride along" feeling, experiencing vicariously those trails we all love to ride!
   https://www.facebook.com/groups/278075985616270/
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 03:38:13 PM by nancyfallon » Logged

Nancy Fallon-Houle
dh001

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 11:15:35 AM »

Not sure if there's an official photo/video thread for the Meltdown, but I posted a lot of images here: https://www.hansonphotodesign.com/palos-meltdown-2018 Enjoy!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: