Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: B.O.M.B. Shelter (Read 6166 times)
Pink Princess

Sport

« on: May 25, 2010, 05:02:04 PM »

Finally a section on the forum dedicated to women mountain bikers and not guys who want to ride like us girls.  Feel free to post anything related to women's cycling.  Organize a ride or share an experience.  Give us tips to improve our skills. Let us know of any cool merchandise that you think makes cycling more fun. Post upcoming events.

Let's show the guys we are far more interesting and intelligent then they are!  (that won't be difficult)

Welcome and enjoy!

Play Nice!
nancyfallon

Addicted to Riding

Downers Grove

Semi-Pro

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 10:12:19 PM »

Ok, ladies, now that I'm BOMB sheltered, I'm gonna post something I've been waiting to post for a long time in a gals only forum.

Several ladies have asked me about the following issue over the years. I learned the solution from an Indiana lady mountain bike racer!

Q:  How do you keep from getting saddle sores in the lady parts?
The "saddle sores" show up from riding a lot, espeically if you ride a long ride in one day, or a couple days of riding back to back, especially in hot weather. They show up in the form first of sore areas, that soon become red very sore spots, and then eventually turn into open wounds like popped blisters. YEOOW! Then when you pee, and accidentally splash a saddle sore .....YEEEEEEOOOOOOW!

A:  The Magic of Vaseline!
Keep a vaseline container in your car (out of the sun), or in your riding gear or camelback. Apply before every ride, and reapply as needed, between rides, or even during a long ride break (thus the camelback supply). Works like magic, I've never had a saddle sore since using Vaseline.

Nancy
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 10:47:07 PM by nancyfallon » Logged

Nancy Fallon-Houle
akamama

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 11:34:05 PM »

Q:  How do you keep from getting saddle sores in the lady parts?
The "saddle sores" show up from riding a lot, espeically if you ride a long ride in one day, or a couple days of riding back to back, especially in hot weather. They show up in the form first of sore areas, that soon become red very sore spots, and then eventually turn into open wounds like popped blisters. YEOOW! Then when you pee, and accidentally splash a saddle sore .....YEEEEEEOOOOOOW!

A:  The Magic of Vaseline!
Keep a vaseline container in your car (out of the sun), or in your riding gear or camelback. Apply before every ride, and reapply as needed, between rides, or even during a long ride break (thus the camelback supply). Works like magic, I've never had a saddle sore since using Vaseline.

Nancy

LOL! From a mom of 3... I've grabbed my infant daughters 'Calmoseptine'. Its basically for diaper rash, skin irritations, etc. It is OTC, but typically behind the pharmacy counter light green and white container- also comes in a tube. Can also try 'Bottom Paste', usually on the shelf in the infant isle... They were reccommended to me by the Peds for diaper rash not responding to treatment with Desitin, etc.

Funny, I think my husband goes through more if it than my kiddos when he is riding frequently!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: