CAMBr Election season is underway! Visit the CAMBr Election Center to participate.
Nominations may be made through November 13th. .

Results Are In!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: polypavement (Read 9432 times)
kevin marley

Pro

« on: December 19, 2008, 09:04:42 AM »

Check it out:

http://www.polypavement.com/new/index.php
Seanbikes

Gingers do have a soul

Romeoville

Pro

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 12:24:52 PM »

Pricey but looks interesting.

Dream it, Build it, Ride it
kevin marley

Pro

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 12:43:01 PM »

I didn't see pricing..
superawesome

Expert

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 01:42:22 PM »

They use that at the Rockford BMX track and the place is smooth like glass.

Pretty cool guys over there so if you e-mail them you can probably get a hold of the guy that maintains the track and ask him about it. I forget his name unfortunately. http://www.rockfordbmx.com/
Seanbikes

Gingers do have a soul

Romeoville

Pro

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 02:23:58 PM »

$1399.99 for 55 gallon drum or $199 for a 5 gallon bucket.

Dream it, Build it, Ride it
Principal (Snake) Skinner

Time to retire the snakeskin pants.

Pro

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2008, 02:47:03 PM »

Wow! Put that on a xc trail hill that keep eroding and it could be rock solid? What a deal.

BamBam

Oak Forest

Beginner

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2008, 03:34:59 PM »

This might be good for reinforcing the jump lips at PBP, using some combination of mix in and spray on.

40sq. ft/gallon  x 5 gallons = 200 sq ft of "mix in"(2 inch thick) coverage in one bucket
At $200 for 5 gallons, that equals

$1/sq ft   (unless my math $uc#$)

Might be worth it to buy one 5 gallon bucket to experiment on a couple of the lips that get the most abuse and see how far that would go.
Maybe a foot of reinforcement on either side of the lip...  Maybe do 8 - 10,  10ft wide lips with a foot hardened on either side of the lip?

From the website:
The two most frequently used Application Methods for PolyPavement Soil Solidifier are:

1. Mix-in Application #1 at 2 inches thick. (Coverage: 40 sq. ft. per gallon), and
    2. Spray-on Application #2 for Traffic Areas. (Coverage: 150 sq. ft. per gallon).
euroford

louisville, co

Semi-Pro

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 09:49:42 AM »

keep dirtjumps.....  dirt.  the dynamic properties of dirt are part of what makes it so awesome.  as you've seen with the resent melt-out, well built jumps really do last pretty well.

might be good stuff for berms though.  might be really nice for the garden pumptrack berms.  they seam to get roosted out about twice a year.

kevin marley

Pro

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 04:10:14 PM »

For the dirt purists out there, technically it would still be dirt wouldn't it?  We would try this in a test capacity, I was thinking a small 5 gallon bucket. If it didn't feel and act like dirt ( just more durable super-dirt ) then we wouldn't use it.

With that being said, CAMBr West budget is getting tight, we might not be trying this due to lack of funds.
superawesome

Expert

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2009, 12:47:06 AM »

I've raced on that stuff a bunch of times and it feels just like dirt.

I don't really do any tricks but for straight jumping it felt the same as really perfectly manicured dirt. It spoils you a little bit actually.

It sort of turns black though from the tires so I'm not sure if that would be issue with the park district and how the park looks.
euroford

louisville, co

Semi-Pro

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2009, 05:27:25 PM »

i got this whole dirt jumps are made of dirt kind of philosophy...  part of whats great about it, is that they do erode, and require rework, and thus are constantly evolving towards the never attainable perfection.  the tuning and facing of dirtjumps is FUN.

otherwise...  why not build some formwork, cast them out of concrete, and be freekin DONE with it?

berms...  kinda meh...  i really do have some serious interest in doing some berms with this stuff.  maintaning those just takes away from lip working time.

kevin marley

Pro

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2009, 05:55:29 PM »

Haha, I would much rather buy a few more Eurofords than polypavement, but I've been scouring the nets for some and they are hard to find 
euroford

louisville, co

Semi-Pro

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2009, 05:33:45 PM »

no worries man, we'll rally the troops and get some warbaby's out there this spring for some serious dirt moving.

now that the dirt has been 'curring' for a winter, it will be significantly shrunk, a good quality toping layer and facing out will work WONDERS.

the biggest issue i see for jump durability is moisture, getting all of the 'non riding' surfaces seeded will help ALLOT.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: