CAMBr Election season is underway! Visit the CAMBr Election Center to participate.
Nominations may be made through November 13th. .

Results Are In!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Bike Park Status (Read 16331 times)
kevin marley

Pro

« on: December 29, 2008, 11:22:39 AM »

Went out and looked at the park yesterday to see how bad the damage was.  It's really not too bad.  Most of the lips were in amazingly good condition, while the landings all had channels and grooves in them from water run-off.  Appearently the lips are step enough and packed in enough to not be effected the way the landings were. All of the jumps have settled in and have shrunk a little bit.

All the landings including the start hill drop-ins and pumptrack / skills area start hills have the grooves from channeling water, but it appears that we can just throw some more clay over the top of them, pack them down and smooth them out and they will be good to go. 

I was afraid our clay stockpiles would be gone, but they are still there, maybe just a little shorter. 

With all the snow and ice gone and the ground frozen, I almost saddled up to hit a few, but the sun was warming up the landings a little and they were starting to get a little muddy.  So I stayed off them. 

With 10 or 20 volunteers I think we could re-surface everything and re-pack it down in a day.  Looks like we will need to have a big kick-off workday to start the season.  Of course the weather will have to be right.

Also this weekend, if the ground is clear and frozen, maybe we can get a few guys together to drag some logs out of the woods to prepare for the expert skinny line. 

kevin marley

Pro

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 09:16:22 AM »

You could probably jump them, but it would be pretty rough.  The landings are rutted, and might grab a tire. 

I plan on riding skateparks this weekend as they should be dry and empty. 
yousmellfunnytoo

Romeoville

Semi-Pro

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 11:21:43 AM »

Hey Marley, I probably wont be riding Tonight, I forget Watson has a vet appointment.

Saturday, I will be heading down to The plainfield area, please inform me as to what parks you would like to ride, and approximately what time you would like to ride them. I shall be there
superawesome

Expert

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 04:04:08 PM »

I'm thinking Westmont will be closed this weekend. Still a bit too cold.

Where are the Plainfield parks?
yousmellfunnytoo

Romeoville

Semi-Pro

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 05:51:16 PM »

Westmont will be closed
Romeoville will also be locks ( typically doesnt stop us, usually we hop the fence, but thats illegal, and I do not suggest it  )
Bolingbrook (both of them) do not have fences around them

I am not sure if plainfield skatepark will be locked, but it has a fence around it that could locked

I was thinking about going to ride either bolingbrook or plainfield

Or just street in naperville by the riverwalk
kevin marley

Pro

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 07:50:35 PM »

Plainfield skatepark is open I rode it today.  It was a good session by myself. 

Should be warmer tomorrow.  I'll be there at say 10:00?   Post up if you'll be there a different time.
IllinoisRider

CAMBr North Treasurer

Slow but steady is my way

DuPage County

Pro

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 09:26:52 PM »

Westmont will be closed
Romeoville will also be locks ( typically doesnt stop us, usually we hop the fence, but thats illegal, and I do not suggest it  )
Bolingbrook (both of them) do not have fences around them

I am not sure if plainfield skatepark will be locked, but it has a fence around it that could locked

I was thinking about going to ride either bolingbrook or plainfield

Or just street in naperville by the riverwalk

I'm not sure if you already know about it or that it would be worth a long drive, but Roselle has a small concrete bike/skate park that you could ride.  It's always open and it's free.  It's on the corner of Maple Ave. and Irving Park Rd.

superawesome

Expert

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009, 11:59:40 PM »

Thanks for the park info guys.

That Roselle park is about 20 minutes from my house so I may check that out tomorrow.
Hand/of/Midas

I really like bicycles, beer, drums, snakes, etc..

Plano IL

Semi-Pro

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2009, 01:23:56 AM »

I'm not sure if you already know about it or that it would be worth a long drive, but Roselle has a small concrete bike/skate park that you could ride.  It's always open and it's free.  It's on the corner of Maple Ave. and Irving Park Rd.

ive got rumors of bikes getting tickets for riding this place, as bike were supposed to only be allowed in the mini ramp or something, that was sometime last year though.

IllinoisRider

CAMBr North Treasurer

Slow but steady is my way

DuPage County

Pro

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2009, 09:13:13 AM »

ive got rumors of bikes getting tickets for riding this place, as bike were supposed to only be allowed in the mini ramp or something, that was sometime last year though.

I just checked and you might be right.  The PDF below says there are seperate bike and skate sections.  That's dumb.  Sorry, I didn't know.

http://www.roselleparkdistrict.com/Forms/winter05page2021.pdf

I guess as long as you only ride the legal stuff while the man is watching.....
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 09:15:03 AM by IllinoisRider » Logged
yousmellfunnytoo

Romeoville

Semi-Pro

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2009, 10:35:48 AM »

This is right around the corner from me (roselle)

I heard that bikes can only ride that huge mini / spine combo, but seems that last time i went, everyone was riding everything... Sometimes i think skateboarders feel our pain and could careless....

ahh, in a perfect world..... 

I might go to plainfield at like 1 pm, its a drive for me, so i gotta pack up
jake21

Sport

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 06:37:35 PM »

Hubb Skate Park is in Aurora on Illinois a block east of Orchard.
f

st.charles

Expert

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2009, 10:03:49 PM »

there's a concrete "bike park" in batavia on rt25 just south of wilson st

it's tight, especially on a 26", but it flows ok. there's no fence so
if it's dry....ride on

i like cheese
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: