CAMBr Election season is underway! Visit the CAMBr Election Center to participate.
Nominations may be made through November 15th. .

Results Are In!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bike Park Status (Read 17209 times)
Seanbikes

Gingers do have a soul

Romeoville

Pro

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2009, 03:21:35 PM »

We love suggestions, even more so when they come from someone with a shovel in hand at a workday.  I hope to see you out at the park come spring. 

I can't wait to start digging and riding again.

Dream it, Build it, Ride it
AnandK
CAMBr Member

Naperville, IL

Semi-Pro

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2009, 12:43:21 PM »

I saw there is some singletrack in the woods near the park.  If you go around the path on the edge of the trees there is an entrance.  When I went, I got maybe 100 feet into it then it was all muddy water so I turned around.  So I don't know if there is much more than that.
Seanbikes

Gingers do have a soul

Romeoville

Pro

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2009, 01:09:03 PM »

There is a little bit of trail in the wood around the bike park.  Nothing really interesting back there now and it does flood from the river when there's lots of rain.  Who knows, maybe someday that will be another project for CAMBr West.

euroford

louisville, co

Semi-Pro

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2009, 01:02:55 PM »

we are currently working on legalizing another dirtjump spot in downtown chicago.  keep an eye on the site here.

Seanbikes

Gingers do have a soul

Romeoville

Pro

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2009, 02:34:28 PM »

I think there's a skatepark in Burbank that the guys from Cycles and Sports ride regularly. 

kevin marley

Pro

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2009, 03:29:23 PM »

Wow you guys must be psychic! 

We are planning a single track pump track around the perimeter of the park. The jump lines will dump into it, so you can pump your way back to the start.  I also plan on incorporating the berm that everyone has been asking for at the end of the jumps into this line. This project will get started after we fix some of our rock problem. maybe start this line in 2010.   

For 2009 the major goal is to remove rocks, plant seed on the sides of the jumps and redo the skinny section. I have been seeing a lot of beautiful skinny work lately and it has made me realize that our skinnies suck real bad.  I also want to rework the rhythm section, but it depends on how fast we get some of these other projects done. Dirt for the singletrack pumpt track and berm at the end of the jump line will come from the parts of the rhythm section that we re-work.   

We have lots to do again this year.  Hopefully we can get some bobcats out there and make quick work of it. It is very promising to see some new faces willing to come out and help. See you guys out there when the weather gets nicer!
aaronc88

Bridgeview/ Ft. Collins CO

Sport

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2009, 12:40:24 AM »

I think there's a skatepark in Burbank that the guys from Cycles and Sports ride regularly. 

yeah if it is the one i am thinking of. it is a  big ol concrete bowl with a couple spine and whatever else in it.
http://www.concretedisciples.com/skateparksdb/skateparks_display.php?id=729
superawesome

Expert

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2009, 12:08:29 AM »

Can't wait to get out to the park and get it in shape for riding. Been a long winter.
euroford

louisville, co

Semi-Pro

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2009, 08:20:06 AM »

i have no doubt that there are more around, but they are obviously on the downlow.  seeing as you don't know about them, and didn't help build or maintain them, going out to ride them would qualify as "poaching".  especially in springtime when everything is most vulnerable to damage and most in need of repair.  chances are, in the next couple of months if you stumble upon some outlaw dj trails, you'll either find something thats neglected, being actively worked on, or recently worked on. 

plainfield is already on the map, and the garden (devry) trails are on the cusp of becoming a fully legal part of the chicago park district, both have sick trails of decidedly different characters and are fully open to the public.  we sure would love if you'd come out to our work days and help throw some dirt, but if you choose not too, as long as you respect our hard work, your more than welcome to just show up and rip. 

kevin marley

Pro

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2009, 08:40:15 AM »

Jameskato,

There are more illegal dirt jumps scattered around the burbs here and there, but many are small and not worth the drive or they are kept secret and  considered taboo to show up at them without being invited by the builders.  CAMBr does not endorse any illegal trail building  Our goal is to build free public parks where everyone is welcome.

Really the best bet for dirt jumping is either Plainfield, or the Devry Jumps (also known as the Garden).  If you are still interested in the other spots (most of which aren't that great anyway)  hang out at Plainfield or the Garden and maybe you will make friends with someone who will get you an invite.

f

st.charles

Expert

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2009, 01:27:58 PM »

any workdays planned for PBP yet, or is the weather still too unpredictable

i like cheese
kevin marley

Pro

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2009, 02:40:11 PM »

We will be moving some logs this Sunday, but we probably won't need a lot of help with that.  But, of course you are more than welcome to come help.  I was just going to call Sean G. and schedule a time to meet.  I might try to go pick up the fence Baudler says he has lying around for dragging rocks.

Let me know if you would like to help, and we'll call you with more info.

We have our workdays scheduled, but for some reason they aren't showing up in the workdays section of the website yet.  I will look into why that is.

I think the first official workday is the middle of March sometime.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: