Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Freeride committee (Read 20825 times)
euroford

louisville, co

Semi-Pro

« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2009, 11:42:39 AM »

my only real point was that if you think logged in "shore style" jumps are the only kind of "freeride" jumps than you need to get out more.  and fwiw, the main line at the garden has been sent on a squishy freeride bike, and just about every freeride stunt i've ever seen has been sent on a hardtail.  its FREEride.  go ride whatever you want, go build whatever you want.  slopestyle bikes KILL IT on dirtjumps, its just an issue of having jedi like skills to maintain your momentum.

gobighitmtb
South MTB Class Planner

haulin ass not oates

Batavia

Sport

« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2009, 11:47:28 AM »

my only real point was that if you think logged in "shore style" jumps are the only kind of "freeride" jumps than you need to get out more.  and fwiw, the main line at the garden has been sent on a squishy freeride bike, and just about every freeride stunt i've ever seen has been sent on a hardtail.  its FREEride.  go ride whatever you want, go build whatever you want.  slopestyle bikes KILL IT on dirtjumps, its just an issue of having jedi like skills to maintain your momentum.

Obviously you have never meet Adam. 

Los Locos kick your ass, Los Locos kick your face, Los locos kick your balls into outer-space
steven_er

Citizen

« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2009, 11:49:57 PM »

Mr. Euroford, I don't want to turn this into an internet pissing contest-----I am just saying that there are two ride spots that already have the "dirt jump" style lips you are talking about: the garden and Plainfield Bike Park. Second, I am happy that they are there. I am just saying, for the sake of variety, wouldn't it be something special to have a shore style trail as well? Or even  something like the old jump line at CPX.
It's too bad only a few people got to experience the trail we put together at little woods...................
Or have ridden with adam............................................................
Seanbikes
CAMBr Member

Gingers do have a soul

Romeoville

Pro

Chapter: West
Type: Individual Supporter

« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2009, 12:15:40 AM »

I think the whole point is that you can construct features and jumps to be rollable or of varying difficulty depending on how you hit the feature.  Tim pointed out how to shape a jump that can have a nice boostable lip and still be rolled by someone without killing the shape and ride quality.  With some creativity you can apply this same logic of sustainability and skill variance into other features made of dirt, rock or wood.

Dream it, Build it, Ride it
gobighitmtb
South MTB Class Planner

haulin ass not oates

Batavia

Sport

« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2009, 01:04:12 AM »

If the jumps were made of rock or wood than you would not have a Rolling the lip problem in the first place........  Just a thought........  A very 1 in the am beer induced thought.

Los Locos kick your ass, Los Locos kick your face, Los locos kick your balls into outer-space
gobighitmtb
South MTB Class Planner

haulin ass not oates

Batavia

Sport

« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2009, 02:24:57 PM »

So we have done some of our homework and found some of the info we have been looking for.  When is the next time we can get together to talk about how to approach land managers and what we need from local business owners to show they are on board with this? 

euroford

louisville, co

Semi-Pro

« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2009, 06:19:12 PM »

wasn't kevin talking about getting us online for a skype call??

anyways, lets move this to the 'other projects' section of the west forums so we keep good advocacy stuff out of the general wuteva flotsam.  why don't ya go start a new thread and lets sort it out.

kevin marley

Pro

« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2009, 08:49:23 AM »

I started a new topic in the CAMBr West other projects forum.   Let's put all related conversation there from now on.

http://cambr.org/SMF/index.php?topic=4227.0
ohpaddler

Beginner

« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2009, 11:30:24 PM »

hey guys im on board for helping,

found this link and i figured it might help to see what they did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc0F1e5QbGM
Huckster McPlush

MidwestDownhillAdvocacy.Com

Marengo, IL

Semi-Pro

« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2009, 07:11:04 PM »

That looks like an awful lot of resistance at the bottom of those jumps.  Whats the ohm rating on that jump?

Haha:)  Obviously no electronics geeks are in here:)  Are we the only ones gobighitmtb???  I like your style, haha:)
gobighitmtb
South MTB Class Planner

haulin ass not oates

Batavia

Sport

« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2009, 11:04:44 PM »

Ahh no one appreciates a good nerd joke anymore  , Iím glad someone got that. 

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: