Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SunFlowers At Matthiessen (Read 20750 times)
fat-tyr

CAMBr South Trail Director

lockport

Pro

« on: August 05, 2009, 10:01:11 AM »

Maybe next year we can have a Northern Illinois series. Palos...Rock Cut...Matthiessen... and a time trial at SWK.

If you can't make the turns....take off the training wheels.
R.Snyder

Agitator In Training

NOT a weight weenie

Hickory Hills

Pro

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 10:05:15 AM »

Maybe next year we can have a Northern Illinois series. Palos...Rock Cut...Matthiessen... and a time trial at SWK.
that would be cool.

2008 Banshee Wildcard
2009 KHE Triple Threat Pro
Your mom.
Duce97

Marseilles , il.

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 05:19:37 AM »

Are you talking about somthing like the WORS series or somthing a little more simple?
fat-tyr

lockport

Pro

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 11:33:28 AM »

Are you talking about somthing like the WORS series or somthing a little more simple?
Simple...something like the I 74 seres. Each area controls there race , but you earn points for an over all winner. It could help make people more awear of the other races.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 11:39:40 AM by fattyr » Logged

I pick bad lines

CAMBr Secretary

Pro

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 11:48:32 AM »

Simple...something like the I 74 seres. Each area controls there race , but you earn points for an over all winner. It could help make people more awear of the other races.
This sounds like an promising idea. I know that it's been talked about in the past.

adhd-tv

Pro

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 06:13:40 PM »

The I 74 series rocks and would be cool if Illinois had something other than the Meltdown and Rockcut races... I am sure there are others that I am just not as privy to.

Sting or Bee Stung
Hand/of/Midas

I really like bicycles, beer, drums, snakes, etc..

Plano IL

Semi-Pro

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2009, 11:33:54 PM »

That would help spread the word about some of the lesser known systems, and just be flat out awesome anyway. just a thought here..........

SWK-Time Trial
Rock Cut- 3/6/12 hour race (hey, they do allow night riding.....24hr?)
Palos - normal race
Matthiessen-???

and like said have accumulative points.
Just a thought. i'd go out of my way to hit them all.

Duce97

Marseilles , il.

Beginner

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 05:55:45 AM »

Il bring it up at our meeting this month. It soiunds great to me though. I know a few of our guys are upset right now that rock cut decided to have thier race on the same day has the Matthiessen race so, that may end up being the main topic of the meeting. I like the idea though and wont let it die , id really like to see it happen.
nalax

Beginner

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2009, 09:53:41 AM »

There used to be a race series in Gilberts outside Elgin in the early 90's. There was also a race series held in Morrison, Il. That was a tough course with a chest high creek crossing for one race. The venues are out there.
fat-tyr

lockport

Pro

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2009, 08:59:10 PM »

Matthiessen could easily have two races each year giving the series some volume.  There used to be a race in Galena, maybe a little CPR to get that going again.  Illinois could support a WORS-like series between the above mentioned races, the I-74 series, and the Springfield race.  It just takes communication and organization.
Jon
The race in Galena was the Cactus Cup. 1996 and 1997 it was an awesome time.

fat-tyr

lockport

Pro

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2009, 09:05:18 PM »

There used to be a race series in Gilberts outside Elgin in the early 90's. There was also a race series held in Morrison, Il. That was a tough course with a chest high creek crossing for one race. The venues are out there.
Gilberts was the Twist and Turn on a lot of horse trails. I only remember it being one race a year. Morrison was a series, but some of the venues sucked.

nalax

Beginner

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2009, 09:55:07 PM »

Schick(the razor blade co) sponsored an mtb series called Gnarly Knobby that had a series of races running over a several month period that ran at least in 1990. MTB's have grown a lot since then.

Gilberts was the Twist and Turn on a lot of horse trails. I only remember it being one race a year. Morrison was a series, but some of the venues sucked.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: