Swap and Sell README
Welcome to the CAMBr Swap and Sell. This modern system allows for easy selling, buying, and trading of bicycles, parts, and related accessories, and other things too. Unlike the forum, you'll see ads placed and displayed in a consistent manner. It's easy to search to find just the item you need. And now, it syncs with the new CAMBr Swap and Sell page on Facebook.
Yes, you read that right. This thing syncs with Facebook. Not only can you sell your items to your fellow cambr.org users, but also to anybody who has a Facebook profile. You don't need to be on Facebook, and they don't need to be on CAMBr. And it works just as well the other way around.
CAMBr isn't taking a cut of any of your transactions, this is just a listing service. It is still up to both parties to agree on terms such as amount, delivery, etc.. And CAMBr isn't restricting access to this, anybody on CAMBr of Facebook is free to use it.
It is for this reason that donations are suggested from those placing ads who are not CAMBr members; you do want to help CAMBr grow, correct? While donations are not required, they are encouraged. The ad index clearly indicates the average donation per ad for each poster. And it's color coded red or green. The threshold that separates the two is subject to change at any time, but is currently set at $2. The ad details page, in addition, indicates total donations and ads listed.
Just click the Donate button below to get started.
- One item per ad. If you are selling a group of items at a single price, such as a complete drivetrain, this counts as one item.
- The item being sold or sought must be clearly specified. It cannot be changed after intial posting.
- Swap and sell type ads are no longer allowed in the forum. They will immediately be deleted without warning when found.
- You are not the price police of the swap and sell. It is not up to you to determine what something in someone else's ad is worth. If you don't think it's a good deal, don't buy it. If you truly believe someone is blatantly trying to rip someone else off, send a private message to a moderator. We'll look into it, and make a decision if the ad should stay or go. We will delete anyone's post in an ad if they are bashing that ad. Negotiation is encouraged, and if you post a for sale ad and some one makes you an offer that you feel is too low, respond politely and they just may come up with the money you want. If you don't have something to contribute to an ad, don't post in it! If you truly "just want to help", then handle any communication with the poster via private messages, not publicly in the ad.
- Please refrain from BUMPING ads over enthusiastically. We know that when you are posting items in the swap and sell you want as much exposure as possible, but bumping ads more then every few days simply pushes newer ads further down the page, resulting in them needing to bump their ads to give them equal time at the top of the page. Bumping more then every couple of days is poor form, and bumping on a daily basis is highly discouraged. Excessive bumps will be deleted, and repeat offenders may have their ability to post in swap and sell restricted.
- Do not list the amount in the item name, there is a separate field for it. Use the amount field to indicate how much you would like for an item you're selling, or what you would like to spend for an item you wish to buy. The field isn't required, but it's use is encouraged. If you're flexible on price, indicate that in the item description.
- While there isn't a fancy toolbar to help you out, the description does support most BBCode. If you care about using BBCode then you probably know how to enter it manually. The BBCode will be displayed on cambr.org, but it will be stripped when posting it to Facebook. Therefore, you should limit it's use.
- People like pictures, and uploading them is easy, so do it! Upload as many as you like. Only JPG and PNG images will be accepted. All photos will be scaled down in the ad listing, but may be viewed in full size by clicking the image.
- Facebook does not allow changes to a link once it has been posted, so the only edits allowed on an ad are the amount (it's part of the status message) and you may add / remove photos.
- When your ad is no longer relevent, such as selling the item, please close the ad. This will remove the ad from the index and from Facebook. Any ad open more than 60 days will automatically be closed by the system.
- Posting a question, comment, or concern to an ad also accepts BBCode, and like the item description, it will be stripped when posted to Facebook.
Swap and Sell
$1800, Seller: Jeff Hanson
Donates $0.00 per ad