CAMBr Election season is underway! Visit the CAMBr Election Center to participate.
Nominations may be made through November 15th. Elections will be held online November 16th through December 1st.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Closing Plainfield Bike Park (Read 271 times)
Red Snail Racing
CAMBr Board Member
CAMBr Executive Director

Working together we will build a better ride.

Pro

Type: NMBP Patroller

« on: October 16, 2018, 11:47:30 PM »

It is with a heavy heart that I post this...

CAMBr regrets to announce that it is withdrawing support from the Plainfield Bike Park and that the park has been closed. Over the past few years many difficulties have risen and interest in the park has severely waned. A strong local volunteer force is needed to maintain something of this magnitude and we feel it is time to give it back to the park district. We want to thank the massive volunteer effort that kept PBP running and the many donations we received to open and develop the project throughout the years. The Plainfield Park District has been kind enough to let us work on their land for the past 12 years and we remain grateful for their patience and generosity. They have been informed and are in the process of determining the future use of the site. We remain dedicated to trail advocacy in the Chicagoland area and looking forward to what lies ahead. 

-Joe LoPresti
Trail Coordinator 2015-2018
Plainfield Bike Park
CAMBr

If you are getting advice from me, I would strongly suggest you get a second opinion.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: